Sunday 25 July 2010

BELOVED

.
I love your strong athletic body,
And the creamy softness of your skin;
But most of all I love
The radiance within.

I run my fingers through your hair,
And gently stroke your cheek;
But you have given me everything,
The heaven that I seek.

Your glorious body, full of joy,
Melts into mine;
But it is your calm serenity,
Which makes me shine.

Together we will walk and run,
Like little children wildly play,
And dance and gambol in the sun.

And later, when we're growing old,
Still we'll tread through space and time,
And march towards the promised land;
Hand in hand our spirits shine.

These words I give with all my love,
To you, eternally my bride;
You've wrapped your arms around my soul,
And wrought a miracle inside.

I love you: far, far more than wife,
You've been the strength that's made me whole;
You are the centre of my life.

_______________________________________________

For D.B.

No comments:

Post a Comment