Thursday 2 December 2010

GRANNY

.
Granny, can I have some cake?
Can we jump in a boat and row on the lake?
Granny, please for my sake;
Only for a little while will I be a child,
And have the joy of running wild;
Please do it for me and my radiant smile.

In just a few years I'll be a trial,
An adolescent with addled essence,
All moans and groans and mixed-up hormones,
Rebellious and moody, erratic and broody:
I'll have the strength to run mile after mile,
Yet sometimes my temper will be vile.

I will not know how fortunate I am:
Then as now I'll be mentally still in my pram;
How can I know that you are tired,
And worried that you may be ill,
That every illness may be your last,
That all your happy days are past?
How can I tell, when my life is so fast?

________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment